The buyer must inspect all goods on delivery or collection and notify the seller of any alleged defect//shortage/variation within 14 days of receiving the goods.
The seller will consider any reasonable reason for exchanging a product within 14 days of receiving your order. Wewill gladly refund a purchase up to the original price of the item or replace faulty items purchased online in accordance with the following:
- You must notify us of the fault within 14 days of receiving the items via email or phone.
- Do not return the items unless you are instructed by our customer service to do so.
- You must provide the purchase invoice, your name, return address and contact phone number with the item.
- Once a return is approved we will credit your original method of payment, excluding the delivery fee (unless goods are faulty or not as ordered). A refund will be processed as soon as the items have been received and inspected by us.
- We will not refund items that are broken by the buyer or damaged due to typical wear and tear or customer’s misuse
- Only manufacturing faults or transit damage will be considered.
- Return postage must be paid by the customer, this will be refunded if it’s determined that the product has a manufacturing defect.
If you would like to exchange a product please follow the same procedure as above. Please make sure your name, address, phone number and instructions for the exchange are clearly indicated. If an exchange is not available we will contact you to discuss alternatives.
All goods must be returned in the condition they were received (as new), including the original packaging, i.e. polybags or boxes. Please note goods will be returned to you if not received in an acceptable refundable/exchangeable condition as outlined above.
Goods will not be accepted after 14 days of purchase without authorization from the Seller.
All goods supplied are covered by warranties specified by the manufacturer and supplies are subject to the product standards detailed by the manufacturer.
On discovery of any defect in the goods, the buyer must immediately notify the company in writing of said defect. The buyer must not carry out any remedial work to alleged defective goods without first obtaining the written consent of the company to do so.
The buyer expressly acknowledges and agrees that it has not relied upon, and the seller is not liable for any advice given by its employees, agents or representatives in relation to the suitability for any purpose of the goods.